Friday, July 29, 2011

Long weekend

Oh, Yay, it is Friday :-)
It is also a long weekend, Monday is New Brunswick Day. The calendar says ‘Civic Holiday’ or ‘Bank Holiday’, because each Provence calls it something different. Unfortunately for me, I have to work Monday because I work for an American company. The only holidays I get off that are shared by my Canadian friends and family are Labour Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Which leaves me working everything else: Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Remembrance Day, Thanksgiving and Boxing Day, while everyone else sits at home or heads to the beach. On the other hand, I get July 4th off and American Thanksgiving, so while everyone else works, I am free. And the stores are open, bonus!
Even though I work Monday, I can still take part in any festivities they have running. Usually there is a giant Flea Market Uptown, and some activities on the boardwalk for the kids. I do not have to be at work until 2PM, which means all day to take a poke around to see the festivities.
Tomorrow we are heading out camping. It is supposed to rain. Actually, it is supposed to pour in Saint John, but we are going to Moncton where it is only supposed to rain a bit. And I am told Fundy National Park, where we are going, has its own weather patterns. Here’s hoping, I want my S’mores!!
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment