Thursday, July 28, 2011

Music

Is it right to sing along with the hold music if you are at work? I work in an office; I have my own little half cubicle.  I am in a call centre, so there are a half dozen people on each side of me, and more behind and in front of me. We receive calls from stores in the US, and sometimes they have to put us on hold while they run for a serial number etc. So as I type this, I am on hold listening to Unwritten by Natasha Beddingfield (sp?). It is a song I enjoy singing along to…and I am having a hard time holding back! I am sure my coworkers would be impressed if I start singing (especially since I cannot carry a tune).
Although I mostly prefer Country music, I will listen to just about anything. I have a memory for lyrics, I just have to listen to a song a few times and I can sing along. I love music; I can’t imagine a world without it. If I am upset, I like to blast my music and sing or dance the frustrations away. It especially helps in traffic; a busy street or parking lot with crazy drivers stresses me out.
I usually get random songs stuck in my head, too. This afternoon I had ‘all my loving’ by The Beatles stuck in there. I sometimes have a hard time falling asleep at night because I am humming along to some music.
Music makes the world go round. And it makes being on hold less boring :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment